Cisco Packet Tracer Latest for Windows, Linux and MacOS
Cisco Packet Tracer
The Packet Tracer software is available free of charge only to Networking Academy instructors, students, alumni, and administrators that are registered Academy Connection users.
Cisco Packet Tracer supports the following protocols:
FTP, SMTP, POP3, HTTP, TFTP, Telnet, SSH, DNS, DHCP, NTP, SNMP, AAA, ISR VOIP, SCCP config and calls ISR to command support, Call Manager Express.
TCP and UDP, TCP Nagle Algorithm & IP Fragmentation, RTP.
BGP, IPv4, ICMP, ARP, IPv6, ICMPv6, IPSec, RIPv1/ v2/ng, Multi-Area OSPF, EIGRP, Static Routing, Route Redistribution, Multilayer Switching, L3 QoS, NAT, CBAL, Zone-based policy firewall and Intrusion Protection System on the ISR, GRE VPN, IPSec VPN.
Network Access Interface
Ethernet (802.3), 802.11, HDLC, Frame Relay, PPP, PPPoE, STP, RSTP, VTP, DTP, CDP, 802.1q, PAgP, L2 QoS, SLARP, Simple WEP, WPA, EAP.
The best way to learn about networking is to do it. Cisco Packet Tracer, an innovative network configuration simulation tool, helps you hone your networking configuration skills from your desktop or mobile device. Use Packet Tracer to:
- Sharpen your skills for a job interview
- Prepare for a certification exam
- Practice what you learn in networking courses
Cisco Packet Tracer 7.3.1 for Windows 32 and 64bit can be download from
To successfully install and run Packet Tracer 7.3, the following minimum prerequisites must be met:
- OS: Packet Tracer 7.3.1 is compatible with the following platforms: Windows 8.1, 10 (32bit and 64bit) and Ubuntu Linux 18.04.3
LTS (Bionic Beaver) (64bit), macOS.
- To successfully install and run Packet Tracer 7.3.1, the following minimum prerequisites must be met:
• CPU: Intel Pentium 4, 2.53 GHz or equivalent
• OS: Microsoft Windows 8.1, Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Windows 10 or Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS
• RAM: 2 GB
• Storage: 1.4 GB of free disk space
• Display resolution: 1024 x 768
• Language fonts supporting Unicode encoding (if viewing in languages other than English)
• Latest video card drivers and operating system updates
• CPU: Intel Pentium 4, 3.0 GHz or better
• RAM: 4 GB
• Storage: 1.6GB of free disk space
• Display resolution: 1920 x 1080
• Sound card and speakers
• Internet connectivity (if using the Multiuser feature or tutorials)
Cisco Packet Tracer 7.3 workspace improvements :
- “Keep Me Logged In” option that remembers Cisco Netacad authentication for 3 months
- Changed install path on Mac to use Major.Minor version numbering change to allow for multiple versions of Packet Tracer to be installed at the same time
- Updated high DPI support
Protocol and software improvements :
- Reworked IPv6 behavior
- Various bug fixes
Cisco Packet Tracer 7.3 added support for Ubuntu 18.04.3 (Bionic Weaver). Previous Ubuntu 16.04 (Xenial) version which is no longer supported in Packet Tracer 7.3.1